5/18/08

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle


I may not always remember to recycle, but I love to reuse old things. My contribution to Earth Day this year was to find a way to reuse three old chairs rather than trashing them. I cut the bottom of the chairs off and turned them into stools. Meanwhile, the tops of the chairs are hanging on my wall with my sons' names and birthdays on them. I painted and distressed the chairs and then added the wooden stars and shelf pieces which I purchased at Michael's.
In addition to the old chairs we had an old chest of drawers that needed to go on the curb too. Instead of trashing it I used the drawers to spruce up a blank wall in my house. I painted one of my favorite Bible verses on the drawers and then attached hangers to the back of them.
Got trash? Go for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin