8/25/08

Flower Canvases

I just love how these canvases turned out. I actually started to make flower brooches and ended up with these. The stem is silk ribbon, the leaves are freshwater pearl buttons, the hearts are shrinky dinks. Yes shrinky dinks. The boys and I had a shrinky dink day last week. I think I enjoyed it more than they did. There are actually clear shrinky dinks too, but they are hard to see. They say hope, joy, and love. I stamped the letters. The flowers are fabric scraps I sewed together and the middle flower has small turquoise beads in the center and the other two have covered button centers. I left space at the top in case someone wants them personalized. These would be so cute in a girl's nursery using scraps of fabric that coordinate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin