I am slowly getting the pictures together of the rest of our kitchen renovation. Again, I stripped all the wallpaper off, textured and painted. I took down the glass shelf and brackets, sanded and patched. I also took down the shelf at the top of the window that went almost all the way around the top of the room. That was actually fun as I grabbed a hammer and released some stress at that point. My very talented mother made the window treatments, the banquet cushions and pillows. I had someone build the banquet for us this summer. I love it! I especially love the extra storage it provides. He used piano hinges so the seats lift up. My round table no longer worked, so I found this on Craigslist (my only Craigslist experience so far). I am going to paint it at some point. Hopefully sooner than later.
Isn't it amazing the difference that paint can make. The room seems so much larger now. I also eliminated some outlets and a phone jack on the wall by patching, texturing and painting over the holes they left.
The three pieces above are from an old door from our 1940 home that we are hopefully about to sell. The door was falling apart. It had naturally crackled paint and it was free. It was actually my first project ever. I made these at least eleven years ago. I managed to get the pieces out of the door, paint them and string wire through holes I made with nails. We didn't even own a drill at the time. I love that they remind me of all the great times we had in our other home. The boys laugh at me and ask why I painted "Relax, Friendship, Home!" Who can remember it was eleven years ago.
I recently finished this project. I bought the letters, frame and utensils at Hobby Lobby. I painted and distressed them all. I painted the plate in the middle too. I was really happy with how it turned out.